Terms and Conditions
SJ JEWELS & SARAMAI WEBSITES.
Order and Payment
1. Each order placed by you via our Websites is an offer to purchase the Product(s) selected by you in your Websites shopping casket for the price (including delivery and other charges and taxes) specified on our Websites at the time you place your order.
2. Payment can be made using either eWAY or Paypal. You warrant that you are an authorised user of the PayPal account or credit card used to complete payment.
3. Transaction fees charged by Visa or Mastercard will be passed on at cost.
4. All orders placed through our Websites will be confirmed by us by email. We reserve the right to reject your offer for any reason including, without limitation, the unavailability of any Product, or an error in price or in your order, and to refund any payment made by you, at any time prior to dispatch.
5. We reserve the right to limit the quantity of Products we agree to sell to you, at our absolute discretion. If purchasing from Saramai.com it is an essential term of this agreement that you do not resell our Products to a third party. Customers wishing to be a stockist of SJ Jewels and Saramai Products should contact us directly for more information on how to become an SJ Jewels and Saramai reseller.
6. Orders must be paid in full at the time of placing your order via our Websites. All prices listed on our Websites are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and must be paid in AUD. If you are ordering from outside Australia the charge to your card will be in AUD and your bank or credit card provider will determine the current exchange rate when you complete the transaction. We take no responsibility for the final amount charged to your credit card or PayPal account, including any bank fees charged.
Contact your bank or credit card provider for details.
1. Prices displayed on the Saramai Website are inclusive of GST applied at the rate of 10%. For international orders Australian GST is not applicable and will be removed at the time of checkout. You are responsible for any other taxes, duties or other liabilities imposed by any government agency, including without limitation any customs duty, goods and services taxes or any value added tax imposed on any Product or service acquired or ordered by you via our Websites. Prices displayed on the SJ Jewels website exclude GST and will be applied at the rate of 10%, and shown separately on the statement on completion of purchase. International purchases are GST exempt and so GST will not be added on the invoice.
2. Prices are current at the time of display on our Websites, but may change at any time and all orders are subject to availability of products in stock. If Products ordered are temporarily unavailable you will be contacted within 3 business days to be advised of the delay. A refund will processed onto your credit card.
1. For SJ Jewels and Saramai purchases postage is charged at $12.00.
2. We know you’re eager to receive your purchase and our aim is to dispatch orders received before 12pm on the same business day. All orders will be dispatched no later than 3 business days after you place your order.
3. All deliveries are sent via Australia Post using their regular registered parcel service. Australia Post guaranteed next day deliveries are sent using their Express post
service. All orders can be tracked on line and need to be signed for at time of delivery. *Deliveries are guaranteed by Australia Post next business day delivery to all addresses within the Australia Post delivery network. For more information on delivery times outside of this network you can check online at http://auspost.com.au/personal/next-business-daydelivery-networks.html.
4. Please make sure someone is at the address provided during business hours to receive delivery. If there is no one at the address Australia Post will leave a collection card and your parcel will need to be collected from your local post office.
1. We charge a $25 flat fee on all International deliveries and cannot deliver to PO boxes. We use International Australia Post for all International shipping and delivery generally takes 5-10 business days for delivery.
Order Confirmation and Tracking
1. After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation containing your order details. A confirmation email will also be sent with a tracking number when your order is dispatched. Deliveries can be tracked online at http://auspost.com.au/track/
2. Products will be sent to your address nominated by you as part of the check-out process on our Websites. You are responsible for ensuring that your nominated address details are correct.
3. Deliveries may be totally or partially suspended during any period in which we or our carriers may be prevented or hindered from delivering by any circumstances outside of our reasonable control, including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs, stock shortages, accidents, breakdowns of plant or machinery, storms, adverse weather, pandemics or epidemics, acts of public authorities, floods and other acts of God.
4. The risk in Products purchased from us will pass to you upon dispatch to our nominated carriers. This means that you are responsible for insuring the Products which you purchase from us during transit, if you so wish.
Minor discrepancies in Products
You acknowledge that:
1. our Products are manufactured overseas and the majority of them are manufactured by hand; and
2. as such, there may be minor discrepancies between;
a. the visual appearance of our Products as shown on our Website, our other promotional materials and as delivered to you;
b. individual units comprising the same Product;
c. the size of our Products as ordered and the size of the Products as delivered (in particular ring sizes);
d. certain Products comprise components which are particularly delicate such as clasps and earring hooks and posts.
3.. we do not re-size our rings and re-sizing is not recommended on rings or Products containing set stones; and all such minor discrepancies are not defects and you release us from all liability in relation to any such minor discrepancies and you further agree that you will make no claims against us in respect of any such minor discrepancies.
30 day money-back guarantee
1. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your Product, we will, at your choice, either refund the purchase price or replace the Product for an equivalent Product.
2. Our 30 day money-back guarantee is only valid if we receive the Product within 30 days of the purchase date and subject to the following:
3. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +61 2 9519 5060 for a ‘Return Authorisation Number’.
4. Quote your order or invoice number in our order confirmation email as proof of purchase, and let us know if you would like an exchange or refund.
5. Post or courier your return back to SJ Jewels head office, clearly stating your ‘Return Authorisation Number’, to PO BOX 107, Enmore 2042 NSW in original packaging to avoid damage in transit.
6. For International returns you should mark on the courier company’s consignment ‘returned/faulty goods’ to avoid possible custom duties and taxes again.
7. Our 30 day money-back guarantee does not apply to Products which have been worn or used, damaged in transit or after delivery, or if any attempt has been made to alter the Product. All Products must be returned in their original condition. SJ Jewels and Saramai will not be responsible for parcels lost or damaged in transit if you choose not to insure.
8. Refunds will be processed as soon as the Product is received by us, however, please allow up to 14 days of receipt of the goods for the credit to appear on your account.
9. All postage and insurance costs are to be paid by the buyer for change of mind purchases. For defective Products, we will provide you with instructions to post back the item free of charge when you contact us for your return authorisation number.
10. Refunds will be made through the same transaction method used to make the original purchase.
11. Please note we only accept returns for our jewellery Products purchased via our Website. We do not accept returns or exchanges for Products sold by one of our stockists.
12 Month Warranty against Defects
1. At SJ Jewels and Saramai, we stand by the quality of our jewellery Products and offer a 12 month warranty on all of our jewellery Products.
2. We warrant that our jewellery Products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of original purchase of the Product.
3. Our 12 month warranty does not cover:
4. minor discrepancies described in clause 19 above which are not considered defects;
5. damage to Products caused by accident, misuse and failure to care and store the Products in accordance with our Care Instructions as listed on our Websites and damage caused by abrasion, scratching or caused by coming into contact with other objects and materials;
6. fair wear and tear;
7. unauthorised repair or alteration to the Product;
8. damage in transit.
9. If a Product is defective, then we will, at our option, repair, replace or supply an equivalent Product or refund to you the purchase price of the Product.
10. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the ACL. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
11. To claim on this 12 month warranty, you must, within 12 months from the date of original purchase of the Product:
12. contact us at:
SJ Jewels Pty Ltd. PO Box 107 ENMORE 2042 NSW
and obtain a return authorisation number; and
1. post or courier the defective Product to the address above, clearly stating your Return Authorisation Number in original packaging or rigid box (to prevent further damage in transit) and including your original or legible copy of your purchase invoice showing the date of original purchase.
2. When you contact us for your return authorisation number, we will provide you with instructions to post or courier the Product back free of charge.
3. We will be responsible for the cost of delivering your repaired or replacement Product to you. Delivery will be made in the same manner as stated in these terms and conditions.
4. This warranty is in addition to and does not exclude or modify in any way any nonexcludable statutory rights you may have including rights under the ACL.
5. The details of the business giving this 12 month warranty are as set out above.
Consumer Guarantees & Exclusion of Liability
1. As a consumer, you have the benefit of the consumer guarantees and other nonexcludable rights set out in the ACL. Subject to those consumer guarantees and nonexcludable rights, to the extent permitted by law, all representations, warranties and conditions of any kind, implied by statute, general law or custom relating to our Products are excluded.
Your use of the SJ Jewels and Saramai Websites
1. You must not interfere or attempt to interfere with our Websites using any software program, routine or other activity.
2.You must not user block, obscure, overwrite or modify any content on our Websites.
3. You must not copy, reproduce, modify, re-publish, upload to a third party, transmit, post or distribute the contents of our Websites, electronically or otherwise without our express authorisation. However, strictly on the condition that you keep all content intact and in the same form as presented on our Websites, you may, using an industry standard web browser, download and view the content for personal, non-commercial use only. Our Websites must not be used in any unlawful manner or purpose or in any manner which violates the rights of any person which is prohibited by these terms and conditions.
4. In addition, you must not, in connection with our Websites, submit any content or information to us that may contain any malicious code, data or set of instructions that intentionally or unintentionally causes harm or subverts or adversely affects the intended function of our Websites including, viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming/software routines that may damage, modify, delete, interfere with, intercept or access any system, data or personal information without authority.
Our Websites availability
1. We will endeavour to provide you with access to our Websites 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for upgrades and maintenance times. However, we do not warrant that access to our Websites or that the functions contained in any content or any public interface or user access to our Websites will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected or that our Websites or the server which stores and transmits content to you are free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services and operation of our Websites may be interfered with by numerous factors outside our control.
2. The information contained on our Websites is provided by us in good favour on an “as is” basis. However, we make no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained on our Websites.
3. In no event will we, including our agents, be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damages including without limit, loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of production, loss of data, loss of opportunity or goodwill, corruption of data or software, equipment failure or damage, security breach, network intrusion, network downtime or business interruption however caused in connection with our Websites.
1. We own all intellectual property rights in the content of our Websites to the extent that such content has been prepared and posted to our Websites by us, including without limitation, the copyright in all photographs of our Goods displayed on our Website and the copyright in the catalogues which are displayed on our Websites. We also own the copyright and the source code and object code in the software supporting and operating our Websites and the content of our Websites to the extent that such content has been prepared and posted to our Websites by us.
2. You are provided with access to our Saramai Website only for your personal and non commercial use.
3. In order to access our SJ Jewels website, you must have first completed, to our satisfaction, our credit application form.
Upon acceptance of your credit application form, we will, at our discretion, provide you with a login username and password. You must not disclose your password to anyone else. We will not be liable for any loss which you might suffer because you have disclosed your password to anyone else or if anyone else accesses your retailer account. You are responsible for maintaining control of your account and what occurs on your account. You must not impersonate any other person or registered retailer member. It is your responsibility to email us immediately if you suspect or believe that there has been any unauthorised use of your member account or if someone else knows your password. Your access to our Retail Login webpage is a privilege, not an entitlement and we may change our Goods and suspend, terminate or restrict your access if we believe that this is reasonably justified having regard to these terms & conditions and our Terms & Conditions of Sale, including because: we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; we believe that your actions may cause loss or damage to or otherwise unlawfully harm you, our other registered retailer members, third parties or us; you have, or we believe that you have breached these terms & conditions or our Terms & Conditions of Sale. If that occurs, you may not be able to access our Website or purchase our Goods temporarily or permanently and you may be prohibited from applying for a new retailer member registration.
Other than for this permitted purpose, you may not in any form or by any means:
4. adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of our Website or in any way that could be deemed as damaging to our brand; or
5. Commercialise any information or goods obtained from any part of our Website without our written permission.
6. You must not copy, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise reproduce any part of our intellectual property by any means or in any form without our prior written consent.
7. Except as expressly permitted by these terms & conditions or by us in writing, you may not use or copy any trademark, tradename, servicemark, logo, symbol or other intellectual property rights owned by us without our prior written approval.
8. Nothing in these terms & conditions grants you any title, right or interest in our intellectual property.
1. These terms & conditions are incorporated by implication into all contracts between us and you and also in connection with your use of our Websites.
2. These terms & conditions are governed by the laws in force in NSW. Both you and we submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of NSW and all courts of appeal there from.
3. If any part of these terms & conditions is held to be void or unlawful, these terms & conditions will be read and enforced as if the void or unlawful provision has been deleted.
4. If we sell our business or our intellectual property rights relating to our Websites, you agree that we may transfer to the buyer your personal information.
Privacy & Personal Information
1. You may ask us to provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the Privacy Act. We will deal with any request from you to obtain access to your personal information within a reasonable time. If we refuse to provide you with access to your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
2. If you wish to gain access to your personal information or if you have any questions about how your personal information is collected or used, please contact us on Phone: +61 2 95195060; or email: email@example.com
3. You may ask us to remove your personal information from our database by notice in writing to the contact details referred to above.· We will, in general, collect your personal information directly from you. For example, we may collect your personal information when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (including letters, faxes and emails) or when you register to become a registered retailer member. Generally, the type of personal information that we collect includes your name, mailing address, telephone number/s and email address and date of birth and other information as set out in our credit application form.
4. We use your personal information for the following purposes:
5. in order to access credit applications; and
6. the sale of our Goods; and
7. internal management purposes; and
8. marketing and promotional purposes.
9. You consent to us communicating with you (including by email) for the above purposes and in relation to sale of our Goods, orders you place for our Goods and other information in connection with our Goods (eg: new ranges of goods and catalogues). We do not disclose your personal information we collect to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products and services.
10. In addition to the above, our web server may log details about any computer used by you to access our Websites. In addition, our Websites may store cookies on the web browser of your computer in order to better serve you upon your subsequent visits to our Websites.
11. We protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We store your personal information either in hard copy form or as electronic data in our IT systems. We maintain physical security over our hard copy and electronic data, such as locks and security systems. We also maintain computer and network security, for example, by using firewalls and other security systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer system.
- SJ Jewels Pty Ltd uses either Pay Pal or the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments:
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by SJ Jewels Pty Ltd or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by SJ Jewels Pty Ltd.
- For more information about Paypal and online payments, please visit www.paypal.com
1. The Products on our Websites are only available for sale to individuals who can make legally binding contracts. Our Products are not available to persons under the age of 18 years or any other persons who are legally prohibited from entering into binding contracts.
1. (a) “Agreement” means the terms and conditions that apply to the use of the Websites.
(b) “SJ Jewels” or “Saramai” means SJ Jewels Pty Ltd (ABN 89130830901).
(c) “Product/s” means the Product that is specified on the purchase order as the Product you ordered.
(d) “Order” means the online order form to be completed by you in relation to your purchase.
(e) “The Website” means internet Websites with the URL saramai.com or sjjewels.com
(f) “You/your” means the user of the Websites.
(g) “We/us/our” means SJ Jewels Pty Ltd. or Saramai